Benefits of joining the Friends of the University Library
The Friends are an enthusiastic network of people interested in the University Library’s activities, collections, history and future development.
Established in 1955, they provide invaluable support to the University Library in its mission to provide information resources and services to support the University’s research, teaching and engagement activity. Members can participate in an engaging programme of events including:
- Lectures and talks on our celebrated rare books and archival holdings, as well as prominent guest speakers
- Behind-the-scenes tours of the Library and its collections
- Advance previews of our exhibitions and accompanying talks
- Invitation to the Friends’ Annual General Meeting
- Regular updates through the Friends’ newsletter and blog including priority announcements of any volunteering opportunities
Membership is open to anyone and is a fantastic way for our alumni and former staff to stay connected to the institution and its activities. Membership costs are as follows:
- £12 per annum for an annual subscription
- £150 in total for life membership
How to join
If you would like to join the Friends of the University Library you can click Join to subscribe online.
Alternatively, you print and fill out the Friends of the University Library application form and send it, together with a cheque for the relevant amount made out to ‘Robinson Library, Newcastle University’ to: Jill Taylor-Roe, The Philip Robinson Library, Jesmond Road West, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HQ
By joining you agree to our privacy statement.
Friends Membership & Events Enquiries
Telephone: 0191 208 7651
Special Collection Exhibitions and Events
Telephone: 0191 208 7112
General Library Enquiries Email
Telephone: 0191 208 7662
Join the Philip Robinson Library and Newcastle University Special Collections twitter community: